Before you begin
To submit an abstract to the Canberra Health Annual Research Meeting (CHARM), please read the following information and complete the form below.
In 2019 we will be accepting abstracts for poster presentations, oral presentations, and Higher Degree by Research (HDR) presentations.
Presentation format requirements:
- Oral presentations will be 8 minutes plus 2 minutes for questions.
- Poster presentations size is limited to a maximum of A0 portrait (841mm wide x 1189mm high). Smaller posters are acceptable. Maximum allowed width is 841mm.
- HDR presentations will be 20 minutes, including questions.
All abstract submissions must include a written abstract. Submissions for HDR presentations must also include a video abstract of 2-3 minutes (no longer than 3 minutes). Video abstracts for HDR presentation submissions must be submitted with this form, not emailed separately. Please enter a link to the video (e.g. Dropbox) in the relevant field in this form. Please read the eligibility requirements for HDR presentations prior to submission.
Abstracts must be entered as text only into this form. Please note, a maximum of 260 words can be entered into the abstract box. This word limit INCLUDES headings. If you copy and paste from a word document, any words outside this word limit will not be included. Please ensure you check content prior to submission.
Receipt of abstracts will be confirmed by email.
Please note: You may submit an abstract that has been presented previously at another meeting within the last 12 months, if it is correctly formatted.
The abstract process is competitive and the decisions of the abstract review committee are final. There will be approximately 35 oral abstracts positions available, excluding HDR and 3 minute thesis presentations. In addition there will be approximately 85 poster positions open. All submitted abstracts will be reviewed using the following criteria.
If you require any assistance with this form, please contact Cath Rollinson in the ACT Health Office of Research on 6174 5257.
ACT Health authors, please note requirements for oral and poster presentations (this is for ACT Heath authored presentations only).
Submission information for Health Directorate and Canberra Health Services staff
Health Directorate and Canberra Health Services staff must follow the following branding guidelines when designing posters for CHARM:
- The header must include either the ACT Health Directorate or Canberra Health Services logo. Both black and reversed (white) versions of the logos are available here. Note: Old logos must not be used.
- The footer must include the standard footer text: © Australian Capital Territory, Canberra | health.act.gov.au | Enquiries: Canberra 13ACT1 or 132281
- Use of other logos e.g. UC or ANU are to be displayed at the same scale as the ACT Health logo
- Copyright must be taken into account when using images from the internet
- Posters must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for a quick branding check by no later than Wednesday 10 July. This will also be used as an opportunity to check for any media implications, spelling and grammar. There will be a 24-48 hour turnaround for this.