ACT Health offers Community Care Occupational Therapy to help with your safety and independence through modifications and equipment. We can provide individual assessments and treatments in your home.
Our occupational therapy services include:
- prescription of equipment such as shower chairs, raised toilet seats and wheelchairs
- advice on home modifications
- prescription of pressure injury prevention equipment
- the Independent Living Centre for information, clinical assessment and consultation about assistive technology and equipment
Our services are available to adults over the age of 25 who live in the ACT. You cannot access our services if you:
- receive high level care within an aged care facility, or home assistance through an Extended Aged Care in the Home package (EACH)
- are a DVA gold or white card holder
- have a compensable claim for your condition
Canberra Health Services including Community Care Occupational Therapy is a registered provider under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and the Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP). Medicare and Asylum Seeker cardholders not eligible under alternate funding can access these services free of charge.
To use our services and make a booking, please see the Community Health Centres.