- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 x 300g can corn kernels, drained
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- ½ cup grated low fat cheese
Approx 20-30 min. Serves 4
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. In a jug, combine milk and egg.
- Beat flour and milk mixture together until a thin smooth batter is formed. Fold in vegetables and cheese and mix well.
- Heat frying pan or BBQ plate, spray with oil. Spoon 4 heaped tablespoons of mixture into the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through.
Make a meal out of the fritters by serving them with barbequed meat or chicken and a side order of tomato chutney.
Family Eating Tip
Include snacks that contain foods from the five food groups. This mini meal contains four of the five food groups.