- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 capsicum, cut into small cubes
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 400g can corn kernels, drained
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup low fat cheese, grated
- 6 bread rolls (optional)
Approx 20-30 min. Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly oil a medium sized baking dish to stop the frittata sticking to the bottom.
- Place sweet potato in microwave safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Cook for 3 minutes, or until tender, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add onion, capsicum, mushrooms and corn and cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Spread all the vegetables, including the sweet potato, evenly across the base of the baking dish.
- Use a fork to whisk eggs in a bowl until well combined. Pour over vegetable mix and sprinkle with cheese.
- Place baking dish in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes (until egg is cooked).
- Serve hot with a side salad and bread roll.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to two days and eaten hot or cold.
Family Eating Tip
Choose wholegrain or wholemeal bread to boost your fibre intake and help keep your body and gut healthy.