- 4 chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 eggplant, sliced lengthways
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup lettuce/spinach, chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small tub low fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- Pepper, to season
Approx 20-30 min. Serves 4
- In a medium bowl, mix together lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, cayenne pepper amd 2 teaspoons ground cumin. Spread over chicken and eggplant. You may need to use hands for this.
- On a hot BBQ plate or grill, cook chicken and eggplant for around the same time, until the eggplant is dark on the outside and the chicken is cooked through the middle.
- Meanwhile, prepare the yoghurt sauce by mixing yoghurt, 1 teaspoon cumin and mint together. Season with pepper.
- Once the chicken and eggplant are cooked, arrange on a wrap with cucumber, red onion and lettuce with yoghurt sauce on top.
Use a commercial tandoori paste if you’re short on time or ingredients.
Family Eating Tip
Use family meal times to try unfamiliar foods. You may need to offer food several times before your child is willing to try it and later enjoy it.