- Spaghetti or other pasta, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 onions, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2 x 400g cans crushed tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons salt reduced tomato paste
- 4 cups seasonal or mixed frozen vegetables, diced or grated (e.g. carrot, beans, peas, capsicum, corn, zucchini, mushroom)
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs (optional)
- Pepper, to season
Approx 40-50 min. Serves 4
- In a large saucepan, fry oil, onion and garlic over medium heat until onions are soft.
- Add mince and separate with a spoon. Stir through onion mixture and cook until brown (approximately 8-10 minutes), stirring frequently.
- Add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, vegetables and herbs. Mix well. Season to taste.
- Turn the heat to low and cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions on packet and set aside.
- Serve pasta topped with Bolognaise sauce.
- Double Bolognaise recipe and use to make Shepherd’s Pie or Baked Jacket Potatoes.
- Avoid adding salt during food preparation or at the table. Add herbs, spices and other low salt flavourings such as tomato paste instead.
Family Eating Tip
Serve the same healthy meal to the whole family. Sharing meals as a family is a great way to be together and enjoy eating.