- 3 potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 x 425g tin salmon in spring water
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 x 100g can corn kernels, drained
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salad (lettuce/spinach, tomato, cucumber)
Approx 25-30 min. Serves 4
- Boil potatoes until soft. Mash with potato masher or fork.
- Mix together potato, salmon, carrot, corn, peas, spring onions, zucchini and egg in a large bowl. Season with pepper, add half the breadcrumbs and stir until well combined.
- Shape small amounts of mixture into a patty. Coat with the rest of the breadcrumbs.
- Warm olive oil in fry pan. Cook patties for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with salad.
- Substitute potato with sweet potato or leftover cooked rice.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce to add some heat.
Family Eating Tip
Reassure your child that they can try a new food but not finish it. Smelling, touching or tasting a new food can be a big step for a child.