- 400g pumpkin, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 1-2 tablespoons of natural low fat yoghurt
Approx 30-45 min. Serves 4
- Combine pumpkin, zucchini, onion, potato and stock in a large pot. Cover and cook over gentle heat for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and puree in a blender or mash using a fork or potato masher.
- Stir through yoghurt and serve hot with a wholegrain or wholemeal bread roll or toast.
- Serve with a crusty bread roll with melted low fat cheese on top.
- Try other vegetable soup recipes such as minestrone, tomato or potato and leek.
Family Eating Tip
Make it easy for your child to participate in a meal by providing some food that he or she likes in combination with a less preferred food.