- 2 cups uncooked pasta (e.g. penne or spirals)
- 2 cups cubed vegetables (e.g. pumpkin, eggplant, zucchini)
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 1 punnet baby tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- Juice of 1 lemon
Approx 50-60 min. Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place cubed vegetables on baking dish and place in oven for 35-45 minutes, or until soft.
- Cook pasta according to directions on packet and set aside.
- Combine pasta, baked vegetables, capsicum, tomato and spinach in a large bowl. Mix with your hands to ensure ingredients are evenly combined.
- Add the pesto/salad dressing and lemon juice, mix well and season to taste.
- You can use your favourite salad dressing rather than basil pesto if desired.
- For a variation add 1/2 cup of tinned tuna or shredded cooked chicken (for example roast chicken or smoked chicken breast).
Family Eating Tip
Vegetables contain vitamins, minerals and fibre. They are easy to prepare and add colour and texture to meals and snacks.