- 2 x 30cm round pizza bases or 4 x wholemeal pita breads
- 4 tablespoons salt reduced tomato paste
- 2 cups vegetables, sliced (e.g. mushrooms, capsicum, spinach, onion, olives, artichokes)
- 1 small tin pineapple pieces, in natural juice, drained
- 2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese, grated
Approx 25-40 min. Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Place pizza base on oven tray and spread with tomato paste.
- Place toppings over base and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook for 15-30 minutes or until base is well cooked and cheese is golden brown (15 minutes for pita bread).
- Slice and serve with a simple lettuce, tomato and cucumber salad.
- Experiment with pizza toppings to create your own classic homemade pizza. Try child friendly toppings such as ham, tandoori chicken, pumpkin and feta cheese.
- Replace tomato paste with tomato salsa or a tomato pasta sauce for a milder flavour.
Family Eating Tip
Serve children milk or water with meals and snacks. Keep sugary drinks to special occasions.