- Oil spray
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup red curry paste
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 125g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut diagonally in thirds
- 3 baby bok choy, shredded
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 1 red capsicum, cut in thin strips
- 1 carrot, cut in thin strips
- 65g bean sprouts
- 1 x 375 ml can light coconut flavoured evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- ⅓ cup fresh coriander leaves
Approx 20-30 min. Serves 4
- Spray large saucepan with oil. Add onion and cook over low heat for 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Add curry paste and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add stock and bring to the boil. Add chicken, noodles and vegetables and return to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, until noodles are soft, vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked.
- Stir in evaporated milk and heat through. Stir through fish sauce and top with coriander leaves.
Instead of light coconut flavoured evaporated milk, stir through ½ cup of low fat natural yoghurt before serving.
Family Eating Tip
Encourage polite and respectful behaviour at meal times. Rather than saying “Yuk!” when new foods are served, ask your child to say “No thank you”.