- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts or 500g thigh fillets, diced
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped or crushed
- 4 cups seasonal vegetables, chopped (e.g. capsicum, carrot, beans, snow peas, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, baby corn)
- 6 tablespoons teriyaki marinade
- 1 cup water
Approx 15-20 min. Serves 4
- Cook rice according to packet instructions and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in pan and add chicken, onion and garlic. Stir over moderate heat until chicken is lightly browned.
- Add vegetables, teriyaki marinade and water to pan. Cook for approximately 5-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve with rice.
- Replace chicken with beef, tofu or lean pork for something different.
- Add firmer vegetables that take longer to cook to the pan first (e.g. broccoli, cauliflower, carrots).
Family Eating Tip
Try to include a variety of different coloured vegetables (e.g. red, orange, green, white, blue/purple) each day.