- 1 tablespoon oil
- 400g beef, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into strips
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 100g snow peas, ends and strings removed
- 500g cooked wholemeal Hokkein noodles
Stir fry sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Heat oil in a frypan, stir fry beef in batches for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger. Cook stirring until onion has softened.
- Add carrot and broccoli, stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add capsicum and snow peas and stir fry for a further 2-3 minutes until all vegetables are softened.
- In a small bowl combine water, cornflour and sauces.
- Return beef to pan. Stir sauce through beef and vegetables until heated through and sauce has thickened.
- Serve with noodles.
Recipe republished with permission from Nutrition Australia ACT Inc.