- 5 apples, cored and unpeeled
- 1½ cups self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Approx 30 minutes. Makes 16 slices.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line lamington tray with baking paper.
- Chop unpeeled apples into small pieces and mix with sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix oil, eggs and vanilla extract until combined.
- Gradually add flour and cinnamon to egg mixture.
- Fold through apple mixture until well combined.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Slice evenly into 16 slices.
Recipe republished with permission from Nutrition Australia ACT Inc.