The Falls and Falls Injury Prevention Program works with individuals and community organisations to raise awareness about fall prevention in older adults.
We offer a range of services that include:
- prevention and early intervention
- local community education activities and resources
- individual advice and information
- education programs for medical and other healthcare staff
- Stepping On – a community-based education program for clients over 70 years
To be eligible for our program, you must be over 65 years or an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person over 55 years. You must have also experienced a fall, be restricted in your normal daily activities due to a fall or have increasing disturbances in your balance or walking.
This program is free for Medicare and Asylum Seeker cardholders.
For more information and to make a booking, please see the Community Health Centres.