Burrangiri Aged Care Respite Centre is an ACT Government health site operated by The Salvation Army Aged Care. The centre offers both day and overnight respite care.
The day respite centre operates Monday through Friday 9:00am – 3:00pm and is ideal for maintaining community engagement and enhancing wellbeing. For the carer it allows a break to relax and attend to other tasks.
The adjoining residential respite centre provides overnight stays with 24-hour care and support in private rooms including connected rooms for couples, easy access and single storey accommodation.
Services at Burrangiri include:
- On-site catering of nutritious meals
- Registered nurse and qualified care staff including access to chaplaincy
- Social and recreational programs
- Pet therapy for comfort and company
- Dementia care based on assessment
- Links to transport services
- Links to pharmacy and Allied Health services
- Personal care including showering and toileting
- Hairdressing and laundry services
Payment can be made from a government subsidised home care package, Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA), National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) package or through self-funding.
An Aged Care Assessment (ACAT) assessment is not required to access respite care at Burrangiri.
About The Salvation Army Aged Care
The Salvation Army has been providing aged care in Australia since 1899. Their personalised, holistic model of care is designed to make each stay both enjoyable and restorative in a safe and caring environment.
Contact details for Burrangiri
Reception hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm
Phone: 02 6288 1488