The 2023-24 ACT Health Vacation Study Program gives university students the chance to complete a 6-week research placement at Canberra Health Services or the ACT Health Directorate.
The program builds the capacity of students to do high value research and aligns with the vision, mission and strategic objectives of Better Together: A Strategic Plan for Research in the ACT Health System.
Who can participate
The program is open to 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students who are studying:
• medical science
• nursing and midwifery
• allied health
• health economics
• population health.
- Student project applications open: 15 September 2023
- Student project applications close: 9 October 2023
- Student onboarding: 18 October to 9 November 2023
- In-person pre-placement workshop: 10 November 2022
- Placements: Any 6-week period between 10 November 2023 and 9 February 2024 (to be negotiated between supervisor and student)
- In-person final presentation session: 9 February 2024
Applications are being accepted for the following projects:
How to apply
- Submit your project application form and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 9 October.
- Students may apply for up to 4 projects, but can only complete one placement.
- This placement is based in Canberra and successful students will be required to attend the face-to-face components.
For more information about the Vacation Study Program, call 02 5124 4288 or email email@example.com.