The ACT Health Directorate Centre for Health and Medical Research is now accepting student applications for the 2019-2020 ACT Health Vacation Study Program.
The ACT Health Vacation Study Program offers students the opportunity at the end of 2nd, 3rd and 4th year of study, to participate and gain experience in research with ACT Health. Students should be studying one of the following disciplines:
- Medical Science
- Nursing and Midwifery
- Allied Health
- Health Economics
The program provides students with an opportunity to learn and develop valuable research skills, important part in medical sciences training.
Students will be paid a total of $2,500 for the six week placement. This payment will be made as a lump sum after the student has met all reporting requirements to complete the program.
Funding for the 2019-2020 program has been generously provided by:
- ACT Health Directorate Human Research Ethics Committee
- Radiation Oncology Private Practice Fund
- Canberra Hospital Private Practice Fund
- Canberra Hospital Auxiliary Committee
- Centre for Health and Medical Research
Applications are being accepted for the following projects:
To apply for a project, please submit a student application form and your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
2019-2020 Vacation Study Program Student Application Form
Closing date for submissions: COB Friday 1 November 2019 – Late submissions will not be accepted
- If you wish to apply for more than one project, please complete a separate student application form for each project.
- Successful students will be required to submit a satisfactory police check prior to commencing their placement. Police checks must be dated no more than three months prior to submission.
- Successful students will also be required to complete ACT Health online essential education prior to commencing their placement.
- Successful students are required to attend a compulsory workshop on Friday 15 November.
- At the conclusion of the placement, students are required to submit a project report and give a presentation on the project at a compulsory Vacation Study Program event on Friday 21 February 2020.
For more information
Direct enquiries to:
Centre for Health and Medical Research
Level 6, Building 10 Canberra Hospital
Tel: (02) 5124 5257