Operational changes have been made to our hospitals and health services within the ACT during the current lockdown.
Given the evolving COVID-19 situation in the ACT and surrounding region, health care facilities in the ACT have made precautionary changes to keep our most vulnerable patients safe and to further protect staff and visitors.
- As of Monday 16 August, non-essential, non-urgent and outpatient (non-admitted) care will be reduced.
- Staff are currently reviewing upcoming appointments. If there are changes to your upcoming appointment, you will be contacted by staff.
- If clinically appropriate, some appointments may change to a telehealth appointment. You will be contacted if this is the case to confirm if the appointment is via telephone or video where available.
- Please let our team know if you are not comfortable doing a telehealth appointment and they can reschedule your appointment following discussion with the clinician.
- Surgeries including elective surgeries are unaffected at this stage.
What if I have an appointment in the ACT but I live in NSW can I come in?
Regional patients will be contacted by staff over the coming days to reschedule appointments if necessary.
If you have not been contacted please assume your treatment appointment is proceeding.
The ACT has declared all of NSW as a COVID-19 affected area.
We are working closely with both ACT and NSW public health units to streamline exemption processes for our southern neighbours accessing health services and will provide more information as soon as possible.
If you want to speak with someone about your upcoming appointment, please contact the relevant clinic. Please be patient, our phone lines will be very busy over the coming days.
I want to reschedule or cancel my appointment at an ACT hospital or health service. How do I do this?
If you want to change or reschedule your appointment, please use our online form as we understand some people may not feel comfortable continuing with their appointment under these circumstances.
More information about rescheduling appointments is also available.
What if I don’t turn up to my appointment? Will I be taken off the waiting list?
If you are unable to attend, we ask that you please use the online cancellation form or contact us directly. If you cannot attend during the lockdown, we will reschedule your appointment. You will not be taken off the waiting list.
Is there anything I need to do before my appointment?
Please check the updated list of COVID exposure locations in the ACT. If you have been to any of those locations and you are unsure, please follow the public health advice, and contact the relevant clinic your appointment.
I have a BreastScreen appointment coming up – can I attend this appointment?
Yes. From Monday 20 September, BreastScreen ACT will reopen after a five-week temporary closure in response to the current COVID-19 outbreak.
Women who have had their appointments cancelled will be rebooked as a priority now that the service is resuming.
All administrative staff, nurses, doctors, radiographers and sonographers at Breastscreen ACT are now fully vaccinated, which has been a key factor in the decision to reopen.