Allied Health Professions Day (#AHPsDay) is on Friday 14 October 2022. #AHPsDay is a social movement that allows Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) to promote their professions and celebrate their skills and achievements.
#AHPsDay is a day to come together in celebrating, appreciating, inspiring, and connecting the value of the profession across the world.
One way we acknowledge AHP's is through the ACT Allied Health Excellence Awards. The winners of the Allied Health Excellence Awards will be announced on 14 October 2022, including the 2022 Allied Health Professional of the Year.
The Office of the Chief Allied Health Officer invites you to celebrate the work that Allied Health Professionals do on Friday 14 October and share that celebration via social media channels, Twitter, Facebook, Linked In and Instagram to join in the worldwide movement. #AHPsDay #AHPsDay2022 #strongertogether #alliedhealth
Below are a few ideas to consider, but feel free to let your imagination run wild and organise something that is meaningful to you and your team.
- Share team photos on social media and use hashtags #AHPsDay #AHPsDay2022 #strongertogether #alliedhealth
- Write a personalised message using our appreciation template and share it within your workplace or on social media
- Download gratitude certificates and present them to your colleagues
- Create your own appreciation and gratitude certificates for colleagues
- Host a professional development session
- Host a morning or afternoon tea
- Hang AHPs Day posters in your workplace
- Invite non allied health staff and or Executive staff to shadow an Allied Health Professional for an hour
- Run a quiz
- Use the AHPs Day zoom background
- Use the AHPs Day email signature block
Posting your celebration on social media
This movement really comes alive on social media, particularly Twitter, both leading up to, and on Allied Health Professions Day itself. We encourage you to use your social media accounts to post and share information on what you have planned and then on the day with some fun photos of your activity. Please use the following hashtags:
#AHPsDay #AHPsDay2022 #strongertogether #alliedhealth
Allied health professionals across the ACT public service
There are more than 35 distinct allied health professions in the ACT public service - from audiologists, forensic chemists, occupational therapists, respiratory scientists, sonographers and many more. Get a glimpse into some of the diverse allied health professions that are helping improve the lives of the Canberra community.
Meet a Public Health Officer
Meet an Occupational Therapist
International Paramedics Day - Debbie's Story from ACT Emergency Services Agency