Full closure of Hospital Road at Canberra Hospital between the two roundabouts: Saturday 17 October 2020 to early 2021
Visiting a health facility in the ACT?
A new digital screening tool is now available to make it easier to determine if it is safe for someone to enter a health facility. The screening tool must be filled in before entering. For further information click here.
Welcome to Canberra Hospital.
Visitor restrictions currently in place
Visitor restrictions are currently in place at all health facilities and community health centres in the ACT. These are complemented by continued health screening, physical distancing, and hand hygiene measures, which are the frontline of our defence against COVID-19.
The visitor policy includes:
- Two visitors per patient on each site per day.
- Visitors can see a patient at the same time, or separately, during visiting hours.
- Wherever possible, we ask that you do not bring children under 17 years with you to the hospital.
- If you are attending an outpatient or a community health clinic, please attend alone wherever possible. If you need support, please limit this to one other person.
- When a woman is admitted for care related to birthing, she may have up to two support persons present.
- When on our sites, please use the hand sanitiser and keep your distance from other people where possible.
The decision to continue to restrict visitors to our health facilities is always a difficult one, but it ensures we can protect the health and safety of everyone. This is especially necessary for our most vulnerable, particularly patients whose health is already compromised.
Our staff will continue to apply this visitor policy with compassion and common sense. Exceptions for compassionate reasons will continue to be determined on a case by case basis. These decisions will be made in consultation with the relevant clinical staff.
We understand these times can be stressful and we thank you for your patience.
We have zero tolerance for violence or aggression towards our staff or others.
Anyone exhibiting this behaviour may be refused entry.
Digital screening tool
Before entering any of our health facilities and community health centres, you must complete the screening tool (or you will be refused entry). The information may be used for contact tracing purposes if needed.
To access the screening tool, simply choose one of the following:
- download the ACT Health App and select ‘ACT health facilitates screening tool’
- scan the QR code on the health screening posters as you enter our health facility
- fill in your details online at screening.covid19.act.gov.au, or
- fill in a form at the screening desk on site.
Show your completed form (or the ‘green tick’ on your mobile/device) to staff at the screening desk as you enter any of our health facilities.
The Canberra Hospital (TCH) is the largest public hospital in our region. We provide care to more than 500,000 people through a range of services that include acute inpatient and day services, outpatient services, women’s and children’s services, paediatrics and pathology.
Our visiting hours are from 6am to 9pm daily.
Please see the Emergency Department for information about our emergency services.
You can contact our switchboard on (02) 5124 0000, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please call +61 2 5124 0000 for international calls.
Garran ACT 2605
PO Box 11
Woden ACT 2606