At ACT Health we care about the health and wellbeing of our community. We have four core values that include:
These values were developed by staff and consumer representatives based on what they consider most important in their work.
By working to these values, we have a shared understanding about “what matters” to all employees regardless of our profession or position and incorporate community expectations.
What do our values look like?
The practical behaviours that demonstrate our values are important to apply in every ACT Health workplace. These behaviours include:
- go the extra distance in delivering services to our patients, clients and consumers
- be diligent, compassionate and conscientious in providing a safe and supportive environment for everyone
- be sensitive in managing information and ensuring privacy for everyone
- be attentive to the needs of others when listening and responding to feedback from staff, clinicians and consumers
- be prepared for change and strive for continuous learning and quality improvements
- acknowledge and reward innovation in practice and outcomes
- develop and contribute to an environment where every member of the team is the right person for their job and is empowered to perform to the highest possible standard
- actively communicate to achieve the best results by giving time, attention and effort to others
- respect and acknowledge everyone’s input, skills and experience by working together and contributing to solutions
- share knowledge and resources willingly with your colleagues
- be open, honest and trustworthy in communicating with others and ensure correct information is provided in a timely way
- be accountable, reflective and open to feedback
- be true to yourself, your professions, consumers, colleagues and the government