Canberra Health Services (CHS) delivers high quality, effective, person centred care.
We deliver a range of health services for patients and consumers across the Australian Capital Territory (ACT) and surrounding Southern New South Wales region.
Some of these services include, but are not limited to:
- Canberra Hospital, which provides trauma services and most major medical and surgical services.
- University of Canberra Hospital, a rehabilitation facility that offers additional outpatient services.
- Walk-in centres, which provide free treatment for minor illness and injury.
- Community health centres, providing general and specialist health services to people of all ages.
- Community based health services, such as early childhood services, youth and women’s health, dental health, mental health and alcohol and drug services.
Find out more about our services and programs.
Our vision and role
Our vision and role is our promise to each other, to you and your families and to the community.
- Vision: Creating exceptional health care together
- Role: To be a health service that is trusted by our community
- We are reliable - we always do what we say
- We are progressive - we embrace innovation
- We are respectful - we value everyone
- We are kind - we make everyone feel welcome and safe
Our Strategic Plan 2020-23 sets out our path forward for the next three years and shows how we will deliver against our vision of ‘creating exceptional health care together’ for you, your families and your carers.
It shows our four priority areas of:
- Personal health services - improving the experience of our consumers
- A great place to work - creating an environment to attract, recruit, develop and retain the highest calibre talent
- A leading specialist provider - we will be leaders in key areas of research, education and clinical excellence
- A partner to improve people’s health - work in partnership to tackle barriers to health care
Our Corporate Plan 2020-21 guides our activities each year within our four strategic priority areas.
It identifies our key actions and makes it clear what needs to be achieved each year.
- Exceptional Care Framework - how we will deliver exceptional care at CHS, what exceptional care is and the actions we’ll take every day to deliver it.
- Clinical Governance Framework - how we implement clinical governance across CHS, why it is important and what our roles are in ensuring clinical governance works across our organisation.
- Partnering for Exceptional Care Framework - how we deliver exceptional care in partnership and how we develop, implement and maintain our systems to partner with consumers and their carers.