Nurse Practitioners in the ACT - The Framework
This framework document consolidates all relevant information, outlines guidelines and offers practical information about nurse practitioners in the ACT for the community; those health services that may be prospective employers of nurse practitioners and those registered nurses who wish to become nurse practitioners, or nurse practitioners working in another jurisdiction who are considering working in the ACT.
It applies to nurse practitioners working in the public health sector, private sector or in individual practice.
About the framework
Each part of the document can be read as a stand-alone document for the different audiences and is colour coded for easy reference and navigation through the document.
Part 1 outlines how nurse practitioners fit into the broader social and health policy schema in the ACT.
Part 2 is particularly relevant for the communities and health service considering establishing a nurse practitioner position.
Part 3 outlines the educational preparation and registration requirements for registered nurses and midwives, and nurse practitioners from other jurisdictions, to work as nurse practitioners in the ACT.
Part 4 includes the appendices that provide additional practical information such as a generic position description and how to develop clinical practice guidelines.
- Nurse Practitioners in the ACT - The Framework (2nd Edition, July 2008)
- Nurse Practitioners in Aged Care (Public Sector) - Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Nurse Practitioners in Sexual Health (Public Sector) - Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Nurse Practitioners in the Calvary Emergency Department (Public Sector) - Clinical Practice Guidelines
In this section:
- ACT Public Health Services Quarterly Performance Report
- Chief Health Officer Reports
- National Partnership Agreement (NPA)
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander on Pathology Forms
- ACT Surgery Report Card
- Calvary Public Hospital Options
- Elective Surgery Waiting List Reduction Plan
- Health Status of Young People in the ACT 2011
- Maternity care intention, duration and rates of breastfeeding
- Waiting Lists for Elective Surgery and Medical Treatment
- Annual Reports
- Citizen's Jury on Health Priorities 2010
- Review of Public Maternity Units in the ACT
- ACT Healthcare Survey
- Burnet Institute Report
- Cervical Cytology Register Statistical Report 2008
- Emergency Department Information System Data Integrity Summary Report
- HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, Sexually Transmissible Infections Strategic Framework for the ACT 2007-2012
- Mental Health and Wellbeing in the ACT
- Scores on Doors Regulatory Impact Statement