Cervical Cytology Register Statistical Report 2008
The ACT Cervical Cytology Register is an integral component of the ACT Cervical Screening Program and has been fully operational since 1995.
The Register operates under the Public Health (Cervical Cytology) Regulations made under the Health 2000 Act (2000).
This legislative framework identifies the role of health practitioners and laboratories and protects the privacy of women whose cervical tests are recorded on the database.
The Register enables the results of all Pap tests taken in the ACT to be recorded in a central place so that women are reminded if their Pap test is overdue and are followed up when there are significant abnormal results.
A description of the follow up protocol is contained in Table 10. The Register is able to inform health practitioners of a woman’s previous Pap test history and also give laboratories this history at the time her current Pap test is being interpreted.
The Register has consolidated its history service in order to provide previous test results to laboratories so that they may evaluate latest screening results. The Register is continuing to provide support to laboratories in their quality assurance and accreditation programs.
The Register also monitors screening rates and trends in cervical abnormalities and is actively involved in National Program planning to improve screening outcomes of cervical abnormalities for women.
|Download:||Cervical Cytology Register Statistical Report 2008 (PDF File - 484k)|
In this section:
- Annual Reports
- Citizen's Jury on Health Priorities 2010
- Review of Public Maternity Units in the ACT
- Chief Health Officer Reports
- ACT Surgery Report Card
- Calvary Public Hospital Options
- Emergency Department Information System Data Integrity Summary Report
- HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis C, Sexually Transmissible Infections Strategic Framework for the ACT 2007-2012
- Mental Health and Wellbeing in the ACT
- Scores on Doors Regulatory Impact Statement
- ACT Public Health Services Quarterly Performance Report
- National Partnership Agreement (NPA)
- Alcohol and other drug reports
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander on Pathology Forms
- Burnet Institute Report
- Elective Surgery Waiting List Reduction Plan
- Health Status of Young People in the ACT 2011
- Maternity care intention, duration and rates of breastfeeding
- Waiting Lists for Elective Surgery and Medical Treatment