Learning & Development Options for Nursing & Midwifery
The Learning and Development Options Assistance supports access to continual professional development, knowledge acquisition and the application of this knowledge to standards of practice.
This initiative supports the ACT Government’s commitment to attracting and retaining skilled employees able to deliver high quality outcomes for the Government and for the Canberra Community.
In this section:
Learning and development opportunities
ACT Health learning and development opportunities include:
- ACT Health Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships
- Sabbatical leave
- Study bank
- Professional Development Leave (PDL)- Refer to ACT Public Service Nursing & Midwifery Enterprise Agreement 2011-2013
|Download:||ACT Public Service Nursing & Midwifery Enterprise Agreement 2011-2013 (PDF File - 1486k)|
There are many different scholarship options open to nurses and midwives. Below are some examples.
- The Lions Nurses' Scholarship Information
- RCNA Aged Care Nursing Scholarships - Postgraduate
- RCNA Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme: Postgraduate
- The Maylean Jessie Cordia Memorial Scholarship
- The “Ollie” Nurse Practitioner Scholarship
- The Sul Stuart-Fraser Scholarship - Perioperative Nursing