ACT Health invites applications from Enrolled Nurses for the February to April 2018 Transition to Practice Program (ENTTPP)
ACT Health offers a twelve-month, structured program that provides a supportive framework for Enrolled Nurses during their first year of clinical practice.
We are keen to hear from nurses who are passionate about providing safe, quality patient centred care and are motivated by the organisational values of Care, Excellence, Collaboration and Integrity.
Twelve month contracts will be offered full-time or part-time to assist Enrolled Nurse Graduates with transition into the workforce. This fantastic opportunity will provide participants with support and dynamic learning opportunities offered through the diversity of services available and structured professional development tailored for the graduate nurse.
The twelve-month program will generally incorporate two rotations throughout the clinical areas.
• Completed/will complete the Diploma of Nursing between June 2017 and June 2018
• Registered or eligible to register as an Enrolled Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) prior to date of program commencement.
• A Permanent Resident of Australia or an Australian Citizen, or people in Australia with a valid visa that allows them to work. This includes New Zealand citizens.
To be considered all applications must be submitted electronically at: ACT Health Employment website
Applicants are required to submit the following:
1. Completed Application form inclusive of the required selection criteria (4 questions in no more than 1 page)
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. A current transcript of results from TAFE/CIT
4. Two written professional referee reports using the referee template form (not academic referees).
Please note: Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
This application process is for those applicants that would like to be considered for the expected August 2018 graduate Enrolled Nurse intake.
Short listing will take place from the above submitted documentation.
Short listed applicants will be invited to attend an interview and assessment centre . At this time all elements of the application process will be considered including performance at interview and assessment centre.
Please note: Phone interviews will not be available; to be considered for a position you must attend the Assessment Centre in person.
Employment decisions will be based on written application, referee reports, satisfactory academic history, and interview and assessment centre analysis.
DUTY STATEMENT – Enrolled Nurse
1. Provides competent and safe patient care within an ethical, professional and quality framework and practices in accordance with the relevant legislation. Integrates organisational policy and guidelines with professional standards.
2. Adheres to the scope of practice of an Enrolled Nurse – Level 1. Aware of differences in accountability and responsibility between EN and RN and undertakes role according to the appropriate standard.
3. Considers and advocates for individuals and/or groups and their rights for nursing care within the organisational and management structure.
4. Be responsible for completing all professional development requirements and demonstrating competency as a beginning enrolled nurse within the graduate nurse program in the required timeframes.
5. Practices in a way that acknowledges the dignity, culture, values, beliefs and rights of individuals and/or groups. Adhere to safe practice and relevant legislation.