ACT Quality in Healthcare Awards
The ACT Quality in Healthcare Awards were established in 2002 with the aim of recognising leadership and innovation in patient safety and quality of care, and to publicly honour innovations that improve the delivery of safe quality care within the ACT healthcare system.
*** Applications close Monday 5 August 2013 ***
2013 Application Form
To download an application form click below
|Download:||Application Form 2013 (PDF File - 730k)|
Anyone working in health in the ACT is eligible to enter the Awards.
Five dimensions of quality
The awards categories are based on the five dimensions of quality. There is an additional student category:
- Safety: Potential risks to consumers are avoided and inadvertent harm minimised in the care delivery process.
- Access and Efficiency: Services are based on meeting consumer needs and there is evidence of the advancement in quality of care.
- Innovative Models of Care: Evidence of an effective, innovative, sustainable system improvement in care provided to consumers.
- Consumer Participation: Health consumers actively participate in their care, or are able to access information in a suitable format. There is evidence of strong collaboration between the service and consumers.
- Systems Support: Workforce, education, or information technology systems support services provided. Provision of skills improvement, or support for clinical care and patient outcomes.
- Student: - Demonstration of learning through course work, academic endeavors, within the health environment, commitment and enthusiasm for Quality, Safety, Appropriateness, Accessibility, Efficiency and Effectiveness
Winners of each category will receive a trophy at an Awards Presentation Dinner. Winning entries will also be published in a commemorative booklet.
Contact The Quality & Safety Unit on
Ph: (02) 6205 3126 or Email: qualityathealth.act.gov.au