HP3 Personal Upgrade Scheme
Health Professional Level 3 Personal Upgrade Scheme for the Recognition of Excellence
The HP3 Upgrade Scheme seeks to recognise and reward the efforts of eligible Health Professional Level 3 staff who have achieved excellence in skills and competence through post-graduate study, research, project management, education and/or skill acquisition relevant to their profession and service.
Successful applicants are rewarded via salary advancement to HP3 Pay Point 4 and one year later to Pay Point 5.
The HP3 Personal Upgrade Scheme was developed in 2006 in partnership with health professionals to recognise and reward those alied health professionals who demonstrate excellence beyond that required of their substantive HP3 position and who add value to their profession and workplace.
|Download:||Scheme Overview (Microsoft Word XML Document - 193k)|
The Scheme was first implemented in 2006, is conducted annually and is formally incorporated into the current ACT Public Service Health Directorate (Health Professionals) Enterprise Agreement 2011-2013-clause C5.8.
|Download:||2011-2013 Enterprise Agreement (PDF File - 1893k)|
Please note that Clause C5.9 of the above Agreement states that the Scheme is due to be reviewed.
Examples of excellence can include, but are not limited to, sustained activity in:
- Development, implementation and evaluation of significant and relevant project(s) or service change(s) that enhance the efficiency and and/or effectiveness of organisational service;
- Professional Leadership, through mentoring and fostering learning and development in others
- Formal Research, undertaking a significant research project which is relevant to their clients and workplace colleagues.
- The 2013 round has been completed and 6 applicants were successful in achieving the personal upgrade.
- The 2014 round is scheduled to open February 2014 and prospective applicants are encouraged to download the documents below and familiarise themselves with the Scheme's requirements and application process.
Staff considering an application in 2014 are strongly encouraged to contact the Scheme Secretariat to discuss their application eligibility and potential application.
phone: 6205 2494
Click below for information on how to understand and respond to the Scheme's Assessment Criteria
|Download:||Guide to the Assessment Criteria (Microsoft Word XML Document - 204k)|
Information for Referees
|Download:||Guide for Referees (Microsoft Word XML Document - 189k)|
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to apply?
- You must be permanently appointed at the Health Professional Level 3, pay point 3, and
- Not be subject to current under-performance process, and
- Have served a minimum 12 months at HP3 pay point 3, or
- Have worked for 3 years as a HP3, or other jurisdictional equivalent.
I have been in my position for a long time, shouldn't I get the upgrade?
No. Length of service with the organisation is not part of the assessment criteria, it is only relevant for eligibility.
I am really good at my job, I am on higher duties - does that mean that I'm eligible?
This scheme is for those who extend beyond what is required of their position, and by doing so, contribute enhanced value and excellence to their profession and workplace. If you are wondering whether you are eligible, take a look at your Duty Statement and read this in conjunction with the Upgrade Assessment Criteria.
- Talk to your manager/supervisor.
- Talk to a potential referee.
- Talk to the Scheme Contact Officer.
How do I become an 'excellent' health professional?
- Think about what you do, or can do, to add value to your work area
- Have a look at the assessment criteria to see if you can provide a well documented and evidence based response.
- Discuss your prospective application with your supervisor/manager.
Contact Sally Ranford, Office of the Chief Allied Health Officer on (02) 6205 2494 or Sally.Ranford@act.gov.au