Welcome to Allied Health
Allied Health in ACT Health is represented professionally and strategically by the Chief Allied Health Office (CAHO).
The Office provides informed, evidence based advice on a range of local, national and international issues relevant to the allied health workforce and also plays a key role in the provision of information and advice to support:
- Clinical Education-including student clinical placements, dedicated clinical educators
- Governance including regulation and scope of practice-including credentialing, clinical supervision,
- Inter-professional learning and collaboration
- Policy development
- Professional development-including postgraduate scholarships, Allied Health symposium, new graduate programs
- Recruitment and retention initiatives-including undergraduate scholarships
- Workforce planning-including identification and support of new workforces,
- Workforce reform and innovation-including advanced and extended scope roles,
The Office works in partnership and collaboration with allied health professionals working across all Divisions within ACT Health as well as with nursing and midwifery and medical colleagues, ACT Health and cross-directorate partners, consumers, peak bodies locally, nationally and internationally as well as education providers, regulators and professional bodies.
ACT Health Chief Allied Health Officer
The CAHO is headed by Ms Karen Murphy, Chief Allied Health Officer.
The Chief Allied Health Officer provides professional and strategic leadership, advice and advocacy to the ACT Government in relation to allied health related matters including policy, regulation, workforce reform and initiatives, works collaboratively with key stakeholders and sits on key governance committees within ACT Health, ACT Government and nationally to help inform and lead these core activities.
The CAHO Team
Central CAHO Team - Building 24, Level 2, Canberra Hospital
- ACT Health Chief Allied Health Officer
- Personal Assistant to the Chief Allied Health Officer
- Senior Allied Health Project Officer
- Allied Health Assistant Clinical Development Coordinator
- Interprofessional Learning Coordinator
Clinical Training and Development Team - Building 6, Level 2, Canberra Hospital
- Allied Health Clinical Education Coordinator
- Clinical Measurement Sciences Clinical Educator
- Occupational Therapy Clinical Educator
- Psychology Clinical Educator
- Social Work Clinical Educator
- Speech Pathology Clinical Educator
ACT Health Chief Allied Health Office
Building 24, Level 2
Postal Address: PO Box 11,Woden ACT 2606
Telephone: (02) 6205 0893