The early weeks after birth
In the early weeks, give yourself time to rest and recover after the birth. Feeding is a special time for you and your baby to bond.
Your baby will let you know when they are hungry.
This poster shows you some of the cues/signs to look for:
- Baby Feeding Cues – Queensland Government
- Baby Cues – Raising Children Network
- Best Start – feeding guide
Understanding newborn behaviour
It can take time to understand your baby’s cries and body language.
These resources can give you some ideas:
- Understanding Newborn Behaviour – Raising Children Network
- Crying Baby Checklist – Raising Children Network
- Breastfeeding – A New Baby – Women’s & Children’s Health Network
- Sleep and Settling Your Baby – ACT Health
Understanding the changes as your baby grows
As your baby grows, they will be making big steps forward in their development.