Transitional Therapy and Care Program
The Transitional Therapy and Care Program (TTCP) is a community based program for older adults, providing up to 12 weeks support and therapy at the end of a hospital stay. \
TTCP is a collaboration between ACT Health and BaptistCare.
- Our aim is to improve the older person’s functional capacity and independence so that they can return home after hospital.
- The service is delivered either in a 15 bed residential care facility or in the person’s home.
- TTCP has a multidisciplinary team of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, allied health assistants, social worker, dietitian, care support staff and case managers.
Requires assessment by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) and meets the following criteria:
- Is aged 70 years and over or 50 years if Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
- Is a public or private hospital inpatient at time of assessment.
- Have completed their episode of care and is medically stable.
- Has the capacity to benefit from a goal-orientated, time limited program.
Referrals and bookings
The inpatient team is to refer to the Aged Care Assessment Team via Community Health Intake on (02) 6207 9977 between 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 3:30pm Wednesdays (excluding public holidays).
If you would like further information contact the TTCP Allied Health Team on (02) 6207 0658 or BaptistCare on (02) 6195 3130.