In crisis situations contact:
Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT)
The Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT) provides a 24-hour, seven day a week service used for assessment and treatment of mentally ill people in crisis situations.
Call the CATT Mental Health Triage Service on 1800 629 354 (24 hour service) or (02) 6205 1065.
Access to Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
Provides assessment and treatment 7 days a week during business hours. Referrals are received from General Practitioners, School Counsellors or other concerned health professionals.
To make a referral, please phone CAMHS on (02) 6205 1971 or Fax (02) 6205 2627.
For after hours, please contact CATT on free call 1800 629 354.
Expression of Interest - Mental Health Advisory Council members
Expressions of interest are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons interested in becoming a member of the Mental Health Advisory Council. Commencing in early 2016, the Council will meet at least four times a year and provide advice to the ACT Minister for Health on important topics such as:
- mental health consumer and carer interests;
- emerging or urgent mental health issues;
- mental health service reforms;
- mental health policy; and
- mental health legislative change.
Suitably qualified persons based in the Canberra, ACT region, are being sought for inclusion on the Council for a period of up to three years. Expertise may include:
- a person who has lived experience with a mental disorder or mental illness;
- a carer of a person with lived experience of a mental disorder or mental illness;
- experience or expertise in primary mental health;
- current expertise with scientific, evidence-based mental health research and practice; and
- experience or expertise in mental health promotion and mental illness prevention and treatment, care or support.
EOI submissions will be accepted until close of business, 10 December 2015, via email to: email@example.com or post to: Mental Health Policy Unit, ACT Health,
Level 2, 11 Moore Street, GPO Box 825, Canberra, ACT, 2601. Please email the above address should you have any queries, or contact Jacqueline Brooker on (02) 6207 1347.
Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol & Drug Services provides health services directly and through partnerships with community organisations. The services provided range from prevention and treatment to recovery and maintenance and harm minimisation. Consumer and carer participation is encouraged in all aspects of service planning and delivery. The Division works in partnership with consumers, carers and a range of government and non-government service providers to ensure the best possible outcomes for clients.
The Division delivers services at a number of locations, including hospital inpatient and outpatient settings, community health centres, detention centres, other community settings including peoples home. These services include:
Mental Health, Justice Health and Alcohol & Drug Services include the following programs:
- ACT Wide Mental Health Services
- Adult Mental Health Services
- Alcohol & Drug Services
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Justice Health Services
Accessing your clinical records
Download these forms to access your medical records: