See the information below for clinicians using the services of ACT Pathology.
These fact sheets provide information for clinicians and their patients on a variety of diseases as well as collecting and testing regimes.
The Value of Fine Needle Asipiration Cytology in the Management of Palpable Lumps
A downloadable PDF is available of the GP Education Session presented by Dr Huw Llewellyn on the 30th of June, 2010
ACT Pathology is committed to GP education.
We are proud to have "Endorsed Provider" status with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) for the provision of Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Being an Endorsed Provider means the RACGP recognises our organisation for providing high quality educational activities.
In practical terms it means we can allocate CPD points to the activities we develop and deliver. GPs that participate in ACT Pathology educational activities will be rewarded with 2 CPD points per hour by the RACGP.
ACT Pathology shares the aims and objectives of the RACGP - to assist GPs to maintain and improve the quality of care they give to patients and promote the highest possible standard of care to the community.
For details of other GP educational activities on offer in Canberra check out the ACT Division of General Practice Calendar.
Its important to us that we deliver effective educational activities that are relevant to the general practice community.
We encourage and welcome suggestions for topics so that we can meet GP learning needs.
Please forward all feedback relating to our educational program to ACT Pathology email
- Quality use of Pathology
- Australian Institute of Medical Scientists (AIMS)
- Australian National University (ANU) Medical School
- British Medical Journal
- Central Sydney Laboratory Services
- Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Health Insurance Commission
- ICPMR Westmead
- Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science
- Lab Tests Online
- The Lancet
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Pacific Laboratory Medicine Service (PALMS) at Royal North Shore Hospital
- PubMed Central - the U.S. National Library of Medicine's digital archive of life sciences journal literature
- Register of Specialised Assays (ROSA)
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Royal College of Pathologists of Australasia
- Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory