Independent Living Centre (ILC) - Community Services
The Independent Living Centre is an independent provider of information, clinical assessment and consultation in the area of equipment and assistive technology.
- Independent Living Centres (ILC) are committed to providing the community with the resources needed to "make every day living easier".
- The ILC is an information resource centre displaying hundreds of items of equipment that you can try and compare, to help you make informed choices when purchasing products or accessing services.
- An equipment database of 6,000 items plus information on a wide range of organisations and services complements the display.
- Assistants can provide advice to people seeking information on assistive technology and equipment.
Referrals and bookings
- Everyone can use the ILC service, including people with disabilities, older people, carers, parents, advocates, other service providers, health professionals, architects, builders, suppliers, manufacturers and students.
- Telephone and email advisory service.
- Group visits and some education sessions can also be arranged. Speakers may be available for a session, off site, with Community or Special Interest groups.
Phone us on 02 6205 1900 or email: email@example.com (Monday to Friday, 9am-4.30pm). All other times by appointment.
Independent Living Centre
24 Parkinson Street
Weston ACT 2600
Designated 'accessible' car parking spaces available.