ACT Health Promotion Grants Program
The ACT Health Promotion Grants Program (ACTHPGP) contributes to improving health outcomes and minimising the risk of developing chronic disease in the ACT population.
We provide grants through Healthy Canberra Grants and the Health Promotion Innovation Fund to community-based organisations. This enables these organisations to provide programs and projects which improve population health outcomes in our primary focus areas.
The ACT Health Promotion Grants Program has a population health focus. The priorities are:
- Smoking prevention, cessation or reduction
- Supporting activities which reduce the harmful and hazardous consumption of alcohol
- Supporting healthy active ageing through appropriate physical activity opportunities
- prevention of overweight and obesity by:
- Supporting improved healthy food and drink choices for the ACT population and improved eating habits. These include programs that support positive changes in the food environment, including encouraging people to choose tap water as the drink of choice.
- Helping to improve physical activity outcomes at a population level.
The Health Promotion Innovation Fund is now open for applications
Supporting innovative activities that enable ACT residents to live a healthy, active life
The Health Promotion Innovation Fund invites applications for grants of up to $15,000 for innovative health promotion projects of up to 12 months duration that support the following ACT Government funding priorities:
- Support smoking prevention, reduction and cessation, particularly in high risk groups;
- Support activities which reduce the harmful and hazardous consumption of alcohol;
- Support healthy active ageing through appropriate physical activity opportunities.
- Improve population level outcomes around overweight and obesity;
- Improve children's health and wellbeing outcomes in relation to overweight and obesity, including improving eating habits and increasing physical activity.
The Health Promotion Innovation Fund provides three funding opportunities per year. The next cut-off date for applications is Monday 19 October 2015.
Community-based groups, school communities, not-for-profit organisations and ACT Government agencies are welcome to apply.
To access the Funding Guidelines and the Application Form for the Health Promotion Innovation Fund click here.
For more information call us on 6205 1325 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement of Strategic Intent
Our Statement of Strategic Intent outlines the targets and expected outcomes of the ACT Health Promotion Grants Program. The statement also describes how we will align with ACT Health policies and objectives and provides important guidance for potential applicants. You can download the Statement of Strategic Intent below.
SmartyGrants - Online Grant Management System
The ACT Health Promotion Grants Program uses the SmartyGrants online grant management system to manage the grant process. Applications and associated reporting forms are available through the following link: