Parking Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Frequently Asked Questions about the Canberra hospital car park
1. Does the hospital have long stay parking for persons who need to stay overnight?
Yes, there is unrestricted parking available on Level 4 of the multi-storey car park as well as in the Yamba South car park.
2. Why are there so many disability spaces in the multi-storey car park?
The large amount of disability spaces in the multi-storey car park are to cater for future loss of disability spaces due to redevelopment at the Canberra Hospital.
3. How much does it cost to park at the Canberra Hospital?
Parking at the Canberra Hospital is free of charge.
4. Can I overstay my parking?
Parking exemptions are only given to patients and/or their carers who are unable to move their vehicle due to medical reasons. To obtain an exemption please speak to an Health Directorate employee who will organise this for you.
5. How do I enter the Yamba South car park?
The entrance to the Yamba South car park is off Yamba Drive when travelling north (City bound). Please be aware you cannot enter the car park when travelling south along Yamba Drive.
6. What do I do if I receive a Parking Infringement Notice?
If you receive a Parking Infringement Notice (PIN) and you wish to dispute it, you must write a letter or email to the Justice and Community Safety Directorate, Office of Regulatory Services Compliance, Advice, Complaints, Review and Support Office and explain why you feel you are not liable for the PIN. The address and email address are on the back of the PIN.
7. Does the compliance remain the same on weekends?
Most of the time-limited spaces are unrestricted on weekends; however, all permitted areas are still patrolled on weekends. Please be aware of all the signage when you are parking your vehicle.
8. What should I do when dropping somebody off?
There are “Drop off/Set Down” zones at all main entry points of the hospital. You can drop somebody off at these points and if you are staying with the person, just relocate your car to a suitable parking area.
9. What alternate transport options can I utilise to get to the Canberra Hospital?
The Canberra Hospital has a taxi rank right at the front door of the hospital. As well as this, there are many buses that come through the Canberra Hospital campus. Alternatively, there are bicycle racks available to lock your bike up if you wish to ride.