Education and training
Health Directorate's Staff Development Unit (SDU) provides you with an environment that contributes positively to your personal development, helping you identify and realise your career goals.
The SDU is a driving force in education, training and clinical support for the 4500 staff across ACT Health.
We offer Health Directorate staff a large range of programs on topics of interest to health professionals and other groups working within the healthcare Industry. These programs are also available to health staff from throughout the ACT and south-east region of New South Wales.
SDU facilitates best practice healthcare outcomes through promotion of a learning culture that enhances individual and organisational development. We look forward to meeting you at any of our programs and welcome any feedback.
To meet your education and training needs, choose from the learning and development opportunities listed in Health Capabiliti - Health Directorate's online training and development system.
|Download:||Capabiliti media alert (Microsoft Word Document - 37k)|
- A comprehensive orientation program for new staff
- Professional development, education and training programs for all Health Directorate staff(with the exception of some programs provided by external consultants) with charges applying to outside applicants.
- Clinical support for new and continuing staff
- Funding for 84 professional journals in the Health Directorate's Library
- Organisational development programs
- Business and operational planning facilitation
- Flexible learning programs
- Monthly legal forums
- Development and evaluation of self directed learning packages
- Electronic record of individual attendance at programs
- Competency assessment
- Recognition of prior learning
- Assistance to ACT Health staff with conference planning and facilitation, and development of workshops.
- New Graduate Nurses Program with Clinical Development Nurses
- Graduate Nurse Program with Clinical Development Nurses support
Graduate Diploma Programs in conjunction with the University of Canberra
~ Critical Care
- Assistance to Health Directorate staff with conference planning, and facilitation and development of workshops in your area.
- Enrolled Nurse Program with Clinical Development Nurses support
Learning and Development Framework
Health Directorate's Learning and Development Framework aims to enhance clinical care, workplace safety, and the overall health and wellbeing of the ACT community through improved practice.
The adoption of a Learning and Development Framework by ACT Health demonstrates the value placed on developing the capabilities of staff, individual and team fulfilment, and their contribution to the organisation.
Phone ACT Health's Staff Development Unit on (02) 6244 2258.