Bega District Hospital
Bega District Hospital is a 62 bed rural hospital located in the beautiful Bega Valley. Bega is about a 2.5 hour drive from Canberra. Only RMOs are seconded to Bega District Hospital.
JMOs will be provided with accommodation near the hospital for the duration of their term if they are already renting in Canberra. Only RMOs are seconded to HETI accredited terms.
The resident medical officers also have access to all education sessions held throughout the hospital.
- The unit is run by a general physician and seven general practitioners and general practice registrars
- JMOs manage patients in high dependency unit in direct consultation with physicians and an Intensivist
- Exposure to aboriginal health
- Exposure to procedures such as pleural aspirates, abdominal paracentesis, elective cardio-version, non-invasive ventilation, ECG stress tests
- Weekly case presentations
- Weekly teaching sessions
- Exposure to bronchoscopies
- The surgical unit consists of three general surgeons, one visiting urologist and two orthopaedic surgeons
- Exposure to breast surgery, bowel, thyroid and skin lesions
- Exposure to orthopaedics including both elective and trauma services
- Unit encompasses high dependency unit beds
- Weekly grand rounds and daily theatre lists
- Monthly clinical review meetings
- Weekly journal clubs
Make a difference - join ACT Health
A career at ACT Health recognises and rewards skill and experience, with progression through clinical, research, education and management pathways at all levels.
This button takes you to a full listing of ACT Health's current vacancies:
Contact ACT Health's Medical Officer Support Unit by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 2 6244 2779.