Food survey reports
The Health Protection Service conduct regular Food Safety and Compliance surveys on a variety of foods that are available in the ACT. Food samples are collected and analysed to test for the presence of certain bacteria.
Public Health Officers from the Environmental Health section collect the food samples and take appropriate action if the analysis provides an undesirable result. Scientists and technicians from the ACT Government Analytical Laboratory are responsible for the analysis of the food samples.
The surveys focus on locally produced food, however, current public health issues can also impact on the direction of surveys.
Older surveys dating back to 1996 are available on the Food survey report archive page.
- Microbiological Quality of Dried Seeds and Spices April - July 2012
- Microbiological Quality of Freshly Squeezed Juice July - Sept 2012
- Microbiological Quality of Kebabs May - Sept 2011
- Microbiological Quality of Ready-to-eat foods July 2011 - June 2012
- Microbiological Quality of Savoury Bakery Products Jan 2012 - March 2012
- Microbiological Quality of Sushi September 2011 - December 2011
- Microbiological Quality of Tofu April 2012 - June 2012