- Care and advice to the patient and carers on all aspects of stoma management.
- Pre-operative and post-operative counselling for patients with a stoma including advice and support on returning to normal activity such as work, sport and travelling
- Long term education and review
- Bag selection and management
- Managing a peristomal hernia
- Dietary education for a stoma
- Measuring and fitting of stoma hernia support garments.
Who can use this service?
ACT residents with a stoma.
This service is free to Medicare and Asylum Seeker card holders. Equipment supplies are sourced from the ACT Stoma Association and may incur costs to the client.
Make an appointment
Call the Community Health Intake (CHI) team on (02) 6207 9977 between 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 3:30pm Wednesdays (excluding public holidays) to make an appointment for a Stoma Clinic at a health centre.
When you call to book an appointment, a CHI representative will register your details and ask specific questions about your health care needs. You may be transferred to one of our nurses for further assessment in order to determine your eligibility and arrange the most appropriate service for your needs.