- Group programs for people with pre-diabetes
- Individual and group education programs for people with diabetes and their carers
- Vision screening and foot assessment for people with diabetes
- Insulin pump initiation and stabilisation
- Continuous glucose monitoring
- Gestational Diabetes Group and follow up appointments
- Support from diabetes social workers
- Specialised satellite multidisciplinary medical, nursing and allied health services for adults and paediatric clients within community health centre settings
Who can use this service?
Children, adolescents, pregnant women diagnosed with gestational diabetes and adults who require diabetes care and treatment for Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes.
Fees may apply for non eligible patients. Check costs when making an appointment.
Make an appointment
Diabetes appointments with a medical specialist require a medical referral.
Medical Referrals Fax: (02) 6244 4020
Nursing and allied health staff will accept self referrals for appointments but GP referral is preferred. To make an appointment for nursing or allied health services, fax your referral to the above fax number or call, between 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays), the relevant number below.
Type 1 or Type 2 on injectables: Insulin or Byetta & Pump Initiation & Stabilisation
ACT Health Diabetes Service Diabetes phone: 62443794
ACT Health Diabetes Service Diabetes fax: 6244 4616
Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM)
ACT Health Diabetes in Pregnancy Service phone: 61747625
ACT Health Diabetes in Pregnancy Service fax: 6244 3834
Community Health Intake (CHI) phone: 6207 9977
Community Health Intake (CHI) Fax: 6205 2611
What to bring to your appointment
Blood glucose meter and record book for diabetes
To start insulin or Byetta – a GP letter outlining current treatment new treatment plus dosage and relevant pathology and medical history
Recent pathology results if not included in referral
List of current medications and/or medication packets if not included in referral
Relevant scans and x-rays if not included in referral