Community Care nurses and continence physiotherapists provide assessment and advice of:
- Bladder and bowel control/incontinence
- Bladder and bowel prolapse
- Pelvic floor management
- Concerns pre/post gynaecological surgery
- Recommendation of continence aids and appliances
We also hold information sessions including:
- Pelvic Floor Workshop – group workshops for adult females aged 18 and above. Provides education on incontinence issues including urge, frequency, mild to severe stress incontinence and bladder training. Bookings are required.
- Pre Prostatectomy Group Education Session (individual consultation also available on request) – provides education and support for clients and partners on: preparing for surgery, what to expect after surgery, continence and sexual issues, pelvic floor exercises, catheter and bowel management and support networks.
Who can use this service?
- Adults 18 years and above
- ACT residents
- Anyone can refer
Generally the service is free to Medicare and Asylum Seeker card holders. The Community Health Intake team can advise on any costs at the time of booking.
Our services are available at various Community Health Centres across the ACT. The Community Health Intake team will offer you the earliest available appointment, noting that this may not necessarily be at the Community Health Centre closest to you.
- Belconnen Community Health Centre
- City Community Health Centre
- Tuggeranong Community Health Centre
Make an appointment
Call the Community Health Intake (CHI) team on (02) 6207 9977 between 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday, 8am to 3:30pm Wednesdays (excluding public holidays).
When you call to book an appointment, a CHI representative will register your details and ask specific questions about your health care needs. You may be transferred to one of our nurses for further assessment in order to determine your eligibility and arrange the most appropriate service for your needs.