For further information or to book an appointment for any of our community services, please call the Community Health Intake (CHI) team on (02) 6207 9977 between 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, 8am to 3:30pm Wednesdays (excluding public holidays).
When you call to book an appointment, a CHI representative will register your details and ask specific questions about your health care needs. You may be transferred to one of our nurses for further assessment in order to determine your eligibility and arrange the most appropriate service for your needs.
To cancel your appointment, please complete our online form or phone CHI on 02 6207 9977.
Community Health Intake referral forms
Fax your referral forms to (02) 6205 2611.
- CHI Patient Information and Referral Form (March 2014)
- CHI Patient Information and Referral Form - eNote
- CHI treatment orders
- CHI Treatment Orders - eNote
- CHI vision screening referral form
- GP only referral form
- GP only Referral form - eNote
- Medical Officer Orders for Medication Administration
- Medical Officer Orders for Medication Administration - eNote
- Medical Officer's Orders for Urinary Catheter Management
- Medical Orders Instructions
People with limited English proficiency have the right to be provided with an interpreter, free of charge, when using all ACT Health services. Interpreters will not share your information with anyone else – this is a confidential service. You can also choose to have a male or female interpreter if you wish. If you need an interpreter to make an appointment with ACT Health, call TIS on 131 450.
If you have a mental health concern and require urgent assistance, call the Crisis Assessment and Treatment Team (CATT): 1800 629 354 (free call) or (02) 6205 1065 (available 24 hours a day).