Surgeon Waiting Times/Operating Sessions
ACT Health provides its residents with the most complete and up to date waiting list information.
If you're waiting for surgery at either Canberra Hospital or Calvary Public Hospital and are concerned about your waiting time, call the Elective Surgery Information Service line now on (02) 6205 1122
- Please choose either a clinical specialty or doctor's name to display doctor's elective surgery waiting times
- To display definitions, click on column headings. After reading the definitions click on the BACK button on the toolbar to return to the report.
- Hospital abbreviations used in the waiting times report:
CAL - Calvary Public Hospital
TCH - The Canberra Hospital
The number of theatre sessions per surgeon are the sessions allocated and may not necessarily be the number of sessions utilised.
Please note - only data for doctors with a current ACT Health contract will be displayed.
- Please note that ACT Health reports waiting times three months behind the current month to allow for validation of elective surgery waiting list data.
- The 50th percentile tells you the length of time that half the people on the list have waited for surgery, and the 90th percentile tells you the length of time that the majority of people (90%) have been waiting for their surgery. The 90th percentile can only be recorded when 10 or more cases performed.
- Days waited for those patients recorded at the 50th and 90th percentile may show increases due to the large number of long wait patients receiving surgery in our public hospitals and under the Private Provider Program.
- Elective waiting times may vary between procedures. For more information regarding elective surgery at a Public Hospital please contact the Elective Surgery Information Service on (02) 6205 1122.
- Please click here for further information
|Download:||Further Instructions (Microsoft Word Document - 790k)|
- If you're waiting for surgery at either Canberra Hospital (TCH) or Calvary Public Hospital (CAL) and are concerned about your waiting time, call the Elective Surgery Information Service on (02) 6205 1122 for information and advice.
Waiting Times for the period December 2011 to November 2012
|Waiting times for speciality: 'General Surgery'|
|Surgeon||Hospital||Total Operations Performed in this 12 month period||Urgent||Semi-Urgent||Non-Urgent||# sessions per 4 week cycle|
|50% admitted within (days)||90% admitted within (days)||50% admitted within (days)||90% admitted within (days)||50% admitted within (days)||90% admitted within (days)|
|Dr G Chong||TCH||26||23||29||36||92||15||15||4|
|Dr I Davis||TCH||55||16||27||42||85||245||314||8|
|Dr I Davis||CAL||24||16||23||42||100||100||180||4|
|Dr J Fergusson||TCH||38||21||30||50||121||117||225||8|
|Dr A Fitzgerald||CAL||3||0||0||137||147||0||0||2|
|Dr A Fitzgerald||TCH||35||27||29||69||85||39||43||6|
|Dr S Gananadha||CAL||35||7||12||63||164||66||219||3|
|Dr S Gananadha||TCH||39||7||21||45||80||7||7||6|
|Dr P Jeans||TCH||17||21||28||36||137||0||0||3|
|Dr P Jeans||CAL||15||6||6||53||124||0||0||2|
|Dr X Liang||TCH||54||24||28||70||121||85||191||4|
|Dr J Lim||TCH||27||19||22||172||273||0||0||5|
|Dr J Lim||CAL||27||7||8||198||288||0||0||3|
|Dr U Majeed||CAL||53||19||30||106||151||112||235||8|
|Dr C Mosse||TCH||15||7||24||36||48||0||0||6|
|Dr C Mosse||CAL||5||37||37||78||121||0||0||1|
|Dr F Piscioneri||CAL||33||26||29||92||118||158||210||2|
|Dr F Piscioneri||TCH||68||21||27||44||62||56||83||3|
|Dr D Rangiah||TCH||31||18||27||51||99||87||128||3|
|Dr D Rangiah||CAL||53||15||27||97||152||97||438||5|
Last updated: 19 Feb 2013 11:25
- Click here for a print friendly version
- Select another speciality or surgeon
- Show operating sessions for the speciality 'General Surgery'
- Show operating sessions