Food Business Regulation
The Health Protection Service manages food safety in the ACT.
The Health Protection Service regulates food businesses, develops food regulations and policies, and provides information for food businesses and the community.
You can call the Health Protection Service on 6205 1700 to speak with a Public Health Officer about the following:
- advice on food business regulation or food safety and hygiene requirements
- food-related complaints or concerns
- any other food matters
Office hours are 9:00am - 4:30pm weekdays. For after hours emergencies only, call 9962 8612.
- Starting a Food Business
- Making Changes to an Existing Food Business
- Food Safety Resources for Businesses
- I'M ALERT Food Safety Training
- Food Safety Supervisors
- Food Safety Programs
- Requirements for Community Organisations
- Food Sold at Events in the ACT
- National Multicultural Festival Food Stalls
- ACT Food Safety Laws
- Food Business Inspections & Common Compliance Issues
- Register of Food Offences
- Kilojoule Display Laws
- Food Hygiene Grading System
- Food Safety Audits
- Contact the Health Protection Service