Interstate patient travel assistance scheme (IPTAS)
IPTAS provides assistance to permanent residents of the ACT towards travel accommodation expenses incurred when referred interstate for medical treatment not available in the ACT.
IPTAS is located at Level 3, Building 6, Canberra Hospital
IPTAS claim form and instructions
Full details of eligibility and allowances are in this form:
|Download:||ACT Interstate Patient Travel Assistance Scheme (IPTAS) Form (Microsoft Word XML Document - 677k)|
Applications can be lodged at the following health centres:
- Tuggeranong - Anketell Street
- Phillip - Corinna Street
- City - Moore Street
- Belconnen - Lathlain Street
|Download:||IPTAS guidelines (December 2013) (PDF File - 209k)|
These Guidelines provide information about the criteria and administrative requirements for the ACT Interstate Patient Travel Assistance Scheme (IPTAS).
In particular, it provides detailed information on:
- The eligibility criteria for ACT IPTAS
- The requirement to refer to the nearest location and the referral process for ACT IPTAS
- Situations where approval of an escort under ACT IPTAS may be appropriate, including a list of the reasons where provision of an escort may be appropriate
- Situations where approval of air travel under ACT IPTAS is appropriate, including a list of reasons that may make air travel appropriate and details of the process for obtaining approval for a patient/escort to travel by air.
Address for Return of Documentation / Telephone Number for Appointments
PO Box 11
WODEN ACT 2606.
Tel: (02) 6244 2234
Fax: (02) 6244 3453